The 11th International Conference on Metadata and Semantics Research (MTSR’17) will be held at Tallinn University in Tallinn, Estonia from November 28th – December 1st 2017.
MTSR is an annual international inter-disciplinary conference which brings together academics, researchers and practitioners in the specialized fields of metadata, ontologies and semantics research. The conference provides an opportunity for participants to share knowledge and novel approaches in the implementation of semantic technologies across diverse types of information environments and applications. These include Open Access Repositories and Digital Libraries, Cultural Informatics, Digital Humanities, E-learning applications, Search Engine Optimization and Information Retrieval, Research Information Systems and Infrastructures, e-Science and e-Social Science applications, Agriculture, Food and Environment, Bio-Health & Medical Information Systems.
- Theoretical and foundational principles of metadata, ontologies and information organization;
- The emergence and application of the Internet of Things (IoT) in libraries and cultural heritage institutions (such as RFID technologies, smart libraries and virtual museums);
- The applications of Linked Data, Open Data, Big Data and user-generated metadata;
- Digital Interconnectedness – the what, why and how of Linked Open Data and the Semantic Web;
- Metadata standardization, authority control and interoperability in digital libraries and research data repositories;
- Emerging issues in RDF, OWL,SKOS, schema.org, BIBFRAME, metadata and ontology design;
- Linked data applications for e-books, digital publishing and Content Management Systems (CMSs);
- Content discovery services, search, information retrieval and data visualization applications.
Proceedings will be published by Springer in Vol. 755 of the Communications in Computer and Information Science (CCIS) book series. CCIS is abstracted/indexed in Scopus, SCImago, EI-Compendex, Mathematical Reviews, DBLP, Google Scholar.
Click here for more information about the programme, registration and venue.