Introduction to Arches v4 and the new Arches Designer
UPDATE (January 25, 2017): The workshop is now FULL!
However, in the event that we are able to accommodate more attendees or if you would like to be updated about future events, please email email@example.com.
Location: Liverpool John Moores University
Attend for one day or two. Free workshop.
Day One (Wednesday, March 29):
What is Arches?
- An overview of Arches, including creation/management of data, search and reporting functionality, and geospatial layers
- Controlled vocabularies; manage satellite/aerial imagery; import and export capabilities
- Plans for a mobile data collection app and crowdsourcing tools
- Customizations for the UK: compliance with MIDAS Heritage; a consultations module; and UK heritage vocabularies
- How Greater London and Lincoln HERs are preparing for deployments of Arches, including costs and support options
- Considerations for an Arches implementation
- Other international implementations; the Arches community and how to participate
Day Two (Thursday, March 30):
Installation and Configuration of Arches
- Arches download and installation
- Hands-on comprehensive configuration of Arches
- Arches database: graph/data structure (Arches Designer); thesauri management (Reference Data Manager [RDM])
- Permissions/user-profile management, base maps and GIS overlays
For more information: http://archesproject.org/liverpool-2017/